Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Weatherheads

Want to learn more about weather and weather forecasting? Follow the link in the title of this post. It will take you to an experimental section of the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK website. Here you can learn about the dynamics of severe storm forecasting, a subject that has always interested me. I credit my mother's father, J W Martin with developing my interest in weather. When I was quite young, I would spend the summers on his farm in Camp Creek, WV and quite frequently in the afternoons we would get thunderstorms. Grandaddy and I would sit on their enormous front porch and watch the storms roll in over the mountains. Ever since, Ive had a keen interest. I watch the Weather Channel more than most people (drives Lisa nuts). I signed up several years ago to become a weather spotter through Amateur Radio and the NWS's Skywarn program. KE4KLD, spotter # CHF-031.
Anyway, check out the link and see if you find it as interesting as I do. Each day they post three areas of concern, indicated by the boxes on the map. Click on one and you will go to a larger view with a navigation bar on the left that will provide various analyses of the current map. The description link at the top of the page gives you further material to research, if you're interested. If you just want forecasts and warnings, use the link under the "Links" section on this here blog. "If the thunder don't get ya, then the lightning will" -"The Wheel" by Grateful Dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home