Thursday, September 30, 2004

On vacations and business trips

Howdy,
Been a while since I posted here so I thought I'd take a minute to tell you where I've been. Lisa and I went on vacation to Carolina Beach for a week. We were a little worried about Jeanne but all she did was stir up the surf and give us a little wind to contend with, tight pressure gradients and all. That had the unexpected result of pushing in the warm water from the Gulf Stream, and that brought the flounder into the surf. I love surf fishing, especially in the fall. This trip did not disappoint. I caught blues, flounder, mullet and croakers. The north and south end of the island are open to 4 wheel drives and that is a lot of fun as well. We had to cut it a day short though because I had to hop a plane to Pittsburgh on Sunday. I was not looking forward to this trip. I had heard bad things about PGH but was pleasantly suprised. It was a lot more hilly than I imagined. I loved all the bridges, more than Venice according to the hotel literature. It had a small town feel with big city features and the people were as friendly as Chicagoans. Great sports town and some great restaurants. I'd go back. Too bad the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins weren't in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home