Friday, August 27, 2004

Say it isn't so!

I was one the first people I know of to realize the potential of the iPod. It was released in October of 2001 and by Christmas that same year, I had one. Since then it has become a part of my being. I never go anywhere without it. I feel naked without it. It is one of the great joys of my life to carry around My music and share it with others. The other night I had dl'd some moe shows and was dying to transfer them to the iPod. To my horror, it never showed up on the desktop.
OK---deep breath--- maybe it's the cable. I plugged in another IEEE 1394 6pin to 6 pin cable. Nothing. Now I'm really starting to freak. Let me try the AC charger, at least I should still be able to charge it. Freak out turns to panic. No charge. I reset it. I reinstall the software. Nothing. I try the firewire again. Halleluah! It starts to charge! Then it stops. This can't be happening!
I start to search the forums at Apple support and iPod Lounge. Looks like the firewire port has gone bad. Today I took it to the Apple store. They could not get a response either. I begin to contemplate suicide. Sort of. I mean I have been wanting a new one. The salesperson tells me that they can send it off for repair but then directs me to a web site called ipodresq.com
For $30 bucks, they overnight you a box, you stick your patient in it and overnight it back, they diagnose the problem and email you an estimate. So that is where we are. At least I have the laptop and Airport express so I can stream my music to the stereo. But, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT AN IPOD!
I'll keep you posted. I do have a b-day coming up.

1 Comments:

Blogger jadam said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your iPod. Hopefully the place will get it fixed. If not, though, you can get one of the newer models with the improved UI. A buddy of mine got an iPod Mini and I was truly amazed at how easy it was to get around without any real buttons. It's truly a benchmark for interface design.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home