Wednesday, September 01, 2004

iPod ResQ

Got a call this evening from a tech at iPod resQ. Apparently they don't even try to repair the firewire port, they just yank out the logic board and replace it.(which contains the fw port- makes sense). Trouble is they don't have any of the Rev. 1 boards. So he asks me if I would consider upgrading to a Rev.2. That means no more scroll wheel, no moving parts. "How much?" I ask. "We will upgrade you to Rev.2 with a factory fresh battery for $159". SWEET! "How soon can I get it back?" "If you will PayPal me tonight, I'll ship it tonight". SUPER SWEET! 90 day waranty, and I will have it back for Labor Day. Gotta go download some shows. Probably go for the last Phish show at Hampton in FLAC. I'll probably need an iPod software update too. Busy,busy.


Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home