Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Cold Rain and Snow



Well, we got our first taste of winter this week. Maybe an inch and a half here in Enon. Thanksgiving was a hoot at the Lake. 10 of us came down and we rotissieried a turkey and I made my semi-famous fruit dressing. Everyone agreed this was a good time and we will probably do it again.

Been playing around a little with Knoppix 3.8.2 (I think) and it has made me want to check out some other versions of Linux. I know that Debian will run on the Mac but my version of Fink has the GCC 3.1 compiler and won't install w/o 3.3. Problem is I can't find an interim version of the Apple Developers Tools. I guess I'll wait until after Christmas when I'll have Tiger installed.

My other option would be to install it on the Lake machine, an older HP w/ 800 Mhz Celeron. I recently put a new Western Digital 250 Gb hd in, but the old hd is faulty and crashes the system. I can't even slave it and reformat for Linux. I wish I had set up a partition on the new one for Linux but I figured I would wipe the old one clean and use it. From what I have read, Linux doesn't play well with NTFS so I will probably try and find a cheap-o to stick in there if I decide to go that route.

All for now, Merry Ho Ho,

b3nd3r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home